When lazy to cook or just fancy some snack, sandwiches must be the quickest option. If you are a fan of nut, pear and blue cheese combination, you just should try this recipe! 🙂
Walnut, grilled pear and blue cheese crostini
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 30 g walnuts
- 5 T olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 6 medium pieces of bread, cut 1 cm thick
- 2 hard pears
- 2 t lemon juice
- 100 g blue cheese
- black pepper
- parsley leaves
- Place nuts, oil, garlic and a bit of salt in a mortar and process with pestle until coarse paste forms.
- Put teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto one side of every bread slice. Spread it evenly.
- Lay the bread slices on a baking tray and bake at 180 C for 10 min. Remove and allow to cool.
- Cut each pear lengthways into 5-7 mm thick slices. Remove the core where needed.
- Place the slices in a bowl with the remaining oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Toss gently making sure to cover all the slices with the mixture.
- Cook both sides of the pear slices on a griddle pan over high heat just to make char marks.
- To assemble the crostini, arrange the pear slices over the toasts, crumb the blue cheese and sprinkle over the pears.
- Garnish with the picked parsley leaves, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot or warm.